Trisquel comes ready for home and office use,
and new programs are easy to find and install.
Trisquel supports freedom, accessibility, and education.
The users may, with any part of Trisquel, or even all of it:
- Audit / Study / Modify
- Copy / Distribute
- Distribute modified versions
These freedoms are prerequisites for users' liberty, privacy, and market freedom
Trisquel GNU/Linux is a fully free operating system for home users, small enterprises and educational centers.
When most people think about free software, the first thought that usually comes to mind is price. Although it is true that most free software is, in fact, free in price (gratis), that is not the most important part of the essence of free software.
Trisquel is endorsed by Free Software Foundation
A program is free software if the user has the following freedoms:
- (Freedom 0) The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose.
- (Freedom 1) The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish.
- (Freedom 2) The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbour.
- (Freedom 3)The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others.
If these four freedoms are not given to the user, then the program is considered non-free (proprietary).
Trisquel GNU/Linux is 100% libre Linux distribution.
Its main purpose is to provide an operating system for varied audience, including home and office users, educational institutions, multimedia workstations, etc. The project is managed by independent developers and is partially funded by donations.